The Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM), recognized as Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), is the governing civic body of Mumbai city and India’s the richest municipal corporation. As reported recently, MCGM is aiming to recruit 300 vacant posts. According to the MCGM recruitment notification 2019, the majority of these posts account for associate professors.
Based on the MCGM recruitment analysis, posts that are open to applications are secondary engineer civil (190), mechanical/electrical (92), and architecture (09).
A candidate, experienced/fresher, should be 18–38 years old. Their academic eligibility criteria are as follows:
- For civil posts, a candidate must have:
Civil or Construction Engineering degree, Institute of Engineers (India), or Institute of Engineering, Associate Membership Examination or equivalent
- For mechanical and electrical posts, a candidate must have:
Engineering degree (Mechanical/Electrical/Automobile/Electronics/Production/Electronics and Power) or Associate Membership Examination or equivalent
- For architecture posts, a candidate must have:
Civil degree or Associate Member of the Royal Institute of British architect or diploma in Architecture (Diploma) from Institute of Baroda/Maharashtra Government’s Technical Education Board or equivalent
Candidates selected in the MCGM recruitment will get a salary of minimum Rs. 9300 to Rs. 35000 plus grade pay of Rs. 4600 (which is applicable for secondary engineer posts). A written exam and personal interview are conducted for candidates appearing for senior secondary posts.
To apply for MCGM recruitment 2019, the following steps need to be taken:
- Candidates should visit the official website of MCGM, portal.mcgm.gov.in. Application fees are nearly Rs. 800 for open-category candidates, whereas Rs. 400 are chargeable for reserved-category candidates.
- In the Career options, select a suitable link for MCGM Recruitment Advertisement
- Fill the application form carefully.
- Candidates can take a print out of the form for their future referral.