For 2019, the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has invited applications for 1,053 non-executive posts available across multiple sections in Maha Mumbai Metro Operation Corporation Ltd. Notification for vacancies has been published on the official website of MMRDA at mmrda.maharashtra.gov.in.
According to the official recruitment notification issued by MMRDA, application process for MMRDA examination commenced on September 16, 2019 and will close by October 7, 2019.
The following posts and vacancies are available.
- Station manager
- Station controller
- Section engineer, Jr. engineer
- Train operator
- Chief traffic controller
- Traffic controller
- Jr. Engineer (s&t)
- Safety supervisor-I and –II
- Senior section engineer
- Technician-I and -II
- Security supervisor and supervisor (customer relation)
- Finance and commercial assistant
- Store supervisor
- Jr. engineer (stores)
- HR assistant
Salary package for the aforementioned posts is in accordance with the 7th pay commission.
A general-category candidate is required to pay Rs. 300/-, whereas reserved-category candidate is required to pay Rs. 150/- as online examination fee.
The MMRDA Recruitment 2019 examination will include an online examination and interview. Candidates qualifying the written exam will be called in for document verification and face-to-face interview round.
Topic-wise MMRDA syllabus 2019 for non-executive jobs
Syllabus for general knowledge
- Modern Indian History focusing on Indian Movement
- Indian Constitution, including salient features, Indian political system, government, panchayat raj, and rural development
- History of Mumbai and Mumbai Movement
- Ethics, sensitivity to gender and weaker sections, and social awareness
- Society, culture, heritage, arts, and literature of Mumbai
- Current affairs, international, national, and regional
- Maharashtra state policies
- Geography and economy of India and Mumbai
- General science, including science in everyday life and environmental issues and disaster management
Topics such as Basic English, numerical ability, and logical reasoning, are also included in the syllabus.