Indian Railways is an Indian state-owned government enterprise owned by the Government of India and run by the Ministry of Railways. Indian Railways conducts recruitment for data entry operator every year.
To apply for the recruitment process, a candidate must:
- Be 22–35 years old.
- Have pursued their graduation
- Have basic knowledge of English language, along with basic computational/IT skills.
As an outsourced skilled/graduate candidate, salary of Rs. 25,000/month is paid, whereas as a data entry operator, salary is paid as per attendance in RCT. The pay is subjected to increase with increasing tenure.
For the posts of data entry operator, candidates are selected based on their performance in a two-stage process. First stage includes skill test, whereas second stage includes personal interview rounds.
Terms and conditions
- A data entry operator is required to work for 9 hours a day.
- RCT is a judicial organization; thus, leaking any confidential information leads to legal action, including prosecution, against the responsible employee.
- Engagement of data entry operators under the scheme does not constitute appointment opportunities in either RCT or Indian Railways. Such engagements account for a period of over 1 month; engagements can be renewed based on a break subject and performance evaluation.
- To terminate the contractual engagement, 1-month prior notice must be notified by either party.
- Application forms for data entry operator can be downloaded from the official website of Indian Railways.
- Carefully read the official notification, and fill up the application form with appropriate details.
- Ensure to attach necessary documents as demanded.
- Completed forms are then to be sent to the office address provided in the official notice.